The purpose of certification for DPBoK™ Foundation is to provide validation that the individual has gained knowledge of the foundational set of concepts for the Digital Practitioner.
The certification can help:
- Those who require an introduction and basic understanding of the Digital Practitioner Body of Knowledge™ (also known as the DPBoK™)
- Individuals who wish to create and manage product offerings with an increasing digital component, or lead their organization through Digital Transformation
- IT professionals working within any size organization, from a startup through to a large enterprise, that has adopted digital approaches The learning objectives at this level focus on knowledge and comprehension.
Individuals who become DPBoK Foundation certified will have demonstrated their understanding of:
- The key concepts of Digital Transformation, and Digital-First
- The basic concepts ("the Digital Fundamentals") employed by the Digital Practitioner
- The capabilities of digital infrastructure
- The fundamental objectives and activities of application development
- Why there is need for formalized product management as a company or team grows
- The key concerns and practices of work management as a team increases in size
- The basic concepts and practices of operations management in a digital/IT context
- How to coordinate as an organization grows into multiple teams and multiple organizations
- IT investment and portfolio management, including finance, sourcing, portfolio management, service catalogs, and project management
- Organizational structure, human resources, and cultural factors, as an organization goes through the "team of teams" transition
- Governance, risk, security, and compliance, as an organization operates at enterprise scale
- Information and data management on a large scale, including the establishment of formal governance, control, and management techniques for information
- Practices and methods for managing complexity using Enterprise Architecture.
The following datasheets are available describing the DPBoK Certification program.
Certification for Individuals
- How to Get Started with Individual Certification
- Directory of Certified People
- View the Accredited Training Course Calendar <coming soon>
- Syllabus: The Open Group Certification for People: DPBoK™ Conformance Requirements
- Exams: DPBoK Certification Exams Summary
- Advice Sheet for Candidates Attending a Pearson VUE test center [PDF]
- Frequently Asked Questions
- The Open Group Certification for People: Certification Policy for Examination-Based Programs
Accreditation of DPBoK Training Courses
- The Open Group Certification for People: DPBoK™ Program Configuration
- How to Apply for Training Course Accreditation
- Accredited Course Register <coming soon>
Click here to check if your organization is a license holder.
Please contact The Open Group Certification Authority by email.